Monday, March 9, 2009

There's No Turning Back Now!

Well we did it. We took our engagement photos between Court and Jared's sealing and the reception last Saturday. It made for a very long day, but it was worth it in the end. We took our pics at the same place where Court had her reception and where it looks like we're going to have ours as well. I'm excited!! Things are coming together nicely and I can't wait for June 20th!
THANK YOU to Jamie Hammond who took our pics for us!





And a big THANK YOU to John's sister, Mandy, who surprised me (w/ John's help) on Christmas with this plate she made. John was so excited to watch me open this gift that was somehow forgotten under the Christmas Tree on Christmas Day ... I knew by his smile he was up to something, but I love it! It sits proudly on my dresser. Here's the link to her site: http://laneyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/



Mama always says lips are better with a little color - I guess I should've listened to Mama. Oh well! John still loves me. ;)
Not gonna lie -- It's kind of weird seeing me kissing someone in a picture!










10 comments:

Courtney said...

The pics turned out so cute. If it makes you feel better, it's a little weird for me to see you kissing John in the pics too. I guess he's not seven anymore. We can't wait for the wedding and for you to officially be in the family (of course unofficially you already are).

Courtney said...

I was showing the pics to the girls and Ellie and Kate both like the kissing picture the best. Paige liked the one where you are walking together and you are in the green dress (love that dress btw)

Tay said...

i too love the green dress! good choice. I'm so excited for the big day! Woo hoo! As much as I HATE having pictures taken of me... even I enjoyed Jamie Hammond. Although she probably didn't enjoy me telling her that I looked horrible in every one of them. Good times. you two are so cute and I am so happy and excited for you.
Can I start calling you sis now? I feel like engagement pics are pretty official.. right?

The Hagen's said...

YAYAYAY! can I say that you two look a lot alike? You are gonna have cute babies!

Nicole S said...

like i said earlier, dang you look good. I really like the one in orange shirt and its a little blurred from the sunlight. need any help addressing envelopes?

Linda said...

I saw that people were commenting on your engagement pictures on facebook so I had to peek! THey're beautiful! Congratulations. I also found myself checking out the rest of your blog and would like you to know I am an oreo lover myself.... the cookie jar is always full! I remember Ashleigh always eating them when I would come over... I wonder if she still loves them. Carl Jr has a fabulous oreo mint malt shake by the way. It's amazing. Congrats again!

Stephanie King said...

Court - my mom liked what you wrote about John not being 7 anymore. She brought up my brother kissing someone and I couldn't help but cringe and thing that is so disgusting b/c he's my little brother! haha

Taylor - YES! The pics mean it's more than official. We started doing registry stuff and now we're looking at shower dates and things. Sounds like we need to chat about wedding details. :)

Coley - I'll accept help doing envelopes. Not sure when I'll do them, but I promise to make it worth it!

Linda - YES! Ash still loves OREOS just as much as she did when she was little. I'm not a big fan of the Mint OREOs, but I have had the OREO shake at Carl's Jr, and you're right. They are fabulous.

Jordan and Jodi said...

GREAT PICTURES! You both look great together and SO happy! Thanks for sharing the photos! I love your green dress---you look fabulous!

the gregory's said...

I gotta say steph it is really weird seeing you kissing someone, I never thought this day would come!! Can't wait to see ya soon

Theresa Rodriguez said...

you look so beautiful and im glad to finally see pictures of the guy! Nice work! I cant wait for your wedding either. You will make a beautiful bride!!!